07 May #Olmedatelier: Seafood Paella
It is always a big challenge to make a good paella: making the fish stock can be both difficult, time-consuming and expensive as we need to buy a lot of varieties of fish to get a consistent and savory stock. Our Fish Stock Paella Olmeda Origenes is super concentrated, which guarantees that the paella will be full of flavour. With only one tin on fish stock Olmeda Origenes and 500 grs of bomba rice one can make paella for 6 people in 20 minutes.
• 1 tin of fish stock Olmeda Origenes
• bomba rice Olmeda Origenes 500 grs
• Seafood to taste (king prawn, shrimps…)
• Green beans
• 1 tomato
• saffron Olmeda Origenes (Optional)
• White Chef Mateo Wine for Cooking
• food colouring (Optional)
- In a pot, put a tin of Fish Stock Olmeda Origenes and three tin-measures of water, getting 1,6 Litres of fish stock. When it is boiling, turn the fire off and let set.
- Prepare the bbq with some wood and wait around 15 minutes until the fire is set.
- Chop the green beans and ground the tomato (preoviously peeled). In a paella pan put some olive oil and sauté the seafood, then add the grounded tomato and the green beans and some white cooking wine for extra flavour. Sauté for a couple of minutes and take the seafood out from the paella pan so that it dos not get overcooked.
- Add 500 grs of Bomba rice to the paella pan and fry it with saffron for a couple of minutes, then add some hot fish stock and cook high heat for 4 minutes. Try to make the fire low by removing some wood and cook for 18 minutes, adding more fish stock when needed until the fish stock is finished. Take the paella out from the bbq and decorate with the seafood and some lemon. Let sit for 5 minutes covered with some tissue.
Now you can enjoy this delicious paella!!!
If you prefer to watch the video and follow the recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqXRu5jjm2U