17 Mar The best iberico cold cuts by Olmeda Origenes now in an exclusive packaging, sustainable & adapted to new market trends.
- The first advantage is the difference between plastic (vacuum) and our crystal package.
Vaccum in plastic presses the slices and makes the fat to move out from the slices and melt. Due to fat loss the slices will dry, lose properties and flavour. This pressure sticks slices one to the other, even when there is a plastic separator. The sticking makes difficult the serving and in most cases the slices break and the plate will not be nice for serving. In addition, plastic releases pollutant substances that are harmful for health.
Our iberico in jars are hand cut by professionals and packed in a vacuum jar. They stay as they were cut and have enough space to move, so that the fat does not separate or melt. This format also favours serving, every slice separated from the other perfectly and gently, following the cut. Crystal jars are washable, reusable and recyclable, and don’t release harmful substances.
- The second advantage is that our iberico hams in jar are respectful with the environment since the raising of the pork until the serving.
- It is especially indicated for Food Service as it is 100% profitable and measurable: you buy 80 grams and serve 80 grams. In any restaurant, when opening a ham it stays open for several days or weeks. During these days the ham dries and some of the first cuts need to be discarded every day. In addition, when there is not an expert who knows how to cut ham perfectly there are losses of product as the slices break, are too thin or too thick…
- A great advantage of iberico in jars Olmeda Origenes is that it is knife-cut by experts: the plate looks cut by a professional with an excellent presentation. They cut every slice and place the pack inside the jar carefully. For unpacking just take the whole block and place the slices on a plate. It is important to follow the order as the place will follow the streaks of fat of the ham, which will give the plate an incredibly professional look.
- Ideal for retail: Innovative packaging, original gift, or as a portion, to make tapas at home. You can open it and serve within the next 5 days but always maintaining the product in its original packaging and without variations in the cold chain.
Ibérico 100% Bellota Ham – 15039
When the pigs are 80/90 kgs the ”free range season” known as Montanera begins. It lasts from October to late February, during this time the pigs will eat 9 kgs of acorn and herbs every day, gaining 1 kg of fat and meat per day. By the end of the ”Montanera” in the pigs will be 180 kgs minimum. The pigs whose ham is considered Iberico Bellota are slaughtered between January and March (15 weeks). The hams are salted, dried in natural drying facilities and left cure in cellars 4 years in Salamanca. It has a clear, understandable label: Ingredients: Iberico bellota ham 100% iberico breed, sea salt, sodium nitrite, potassium nitrite. Product with a minimum quantity of additives. There are between 20 and 30 slices per jar. The jars need to be refrigerated between 2 and 8ºC and the ideal temperature of serving is between 22 and 24ºC.
Iberico Cebo Ham – 15040
From 50% iberico breed Free Range Pork, fed with natural herbs. Salted, dried in natural drying facilities and left cure in cellars 30 months in Salamanca.
Ingredients: Iberico cebo de campo 50% iberico breed, sea salt, sodium nitrite, potassium nitrite. Product with a minimum quantity of additives. There are 20 to 30 slices of ham per jar.
Iberico Bellota Chorizo – 15041
When the pigs are 80/90 kgs the ”free range season” known as Montanera begins. It lasts from October to late February, during this time the pigs will eat 9 kgs of acorn and herbs every day, gaining 1 kg of fat and meat per day. By the end of the ”Montanera” in the pigs will be 180 kgs minimum and will produce excellent quality meat to make our Ibérico Bellota Chorizo. Ingredients: pork lean and fat, salt, paprika, garlic, oregano. After being made chorizo pieces cure for 90 days in drying facilities in Salamanca and at their optimum point they are hand cut and packed in crystal vaccum sealed jars. There are 20 to 25 chorizo slices per jar. Product with a minimum quantity of additives.
Check our YouTube channel to learn how to present the best plate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nghJzamHqWw